Tuesday 2 October 2012

Frasier!

Hey er body...

As we head up the coast I'm increasingly realizing how much I'm going to miss Australia. We spent last night in Noosa, which was really just a rich version of Byron Bay so nothing special...in fairness it poured the entire time. We made a few friends at the gorgeous YHA which was like one massive beach cabin and took advantage of the very cheap cider.

Today we're in Hervey Bay, not exactly a special place either. However, it's really just a base for us to prepare for our adventure tomorrow! At 6 am we take a ferry to Frasier Island. We already have "chosen" a group of 7 who you spend 3 days with. Our group is awesome!! 4 guys and 1 girl from Holland, who are all older than us but seem really fun and cool. I'm convinced Holland may be the next travel destination. On the island we camp in trailers with our group and we bought camping food to share with 7 of us. We'll do a little hiking, sand tobogganing, and floating down a river! Should be fun.

Now off to an all you can eat pizza party. I had an Aussie last night explain to me what the boxed wine here is like..or goon as they call it...which should have us turned off but at $13 a box we can't really say no.

We'll be completely out of contact until late on the 5th for us. Then I'm off on a 17 hour bus ride to Townsville to visit a friend of Jans and Kath heads to Taiwan to her uncles.

Big hugs & kisses to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Hello again! Loved the 'hippie pics' - it looked kind of surreal - lol. My kind of place!
    Enjoy your camping - I look forward to hearing all about it! And the 'goon' sounds interesting - just one letter away from 'good' -so hopefully it is not too awful.
    Take care and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah...(and Kathryn). It's ERIN!!! I miss you like crazy!!! I can't wait until christmas eve that is going to be one exciting night!!! I'm so envy of all of your AMAZING TRAVELS THEY LOOK AMAZING AND DOING THAT KAYAKING WOULD HAVE BEEN AMAZING! Take an extra float down the river for me oh and also an extra sand slide down! Only like 3 more months to go! Anyways i was watching the weather channel this morning and on the "Extreme and Uncut" part i noticed that in Bangkok there was HUGE flooding on Tuesday :o! Not much has happened here school pictures were last week and we had a school volleyball game today we won all 3 sets! Also Mr. Stubbings was substituting at are school today and I was visiting with him about your travels and he's very excited for me to go to Luther! We went to vetavision in saskatoon last weekend and it was a lot of fun! Papa came too. I'm thinking about dressing up as an animal either a giraffe or a lion and at the halloween store they have wonzies like that! Watch out for that deet in Thailand! And say hi to Sam and Hannah for me! I'll update you on Thanksgiving.
    P.S. We have Friday and Monday off from school!

    LOT'S AND LOT'S OF LOVE, ERIN!!!
    XOXO :* <3

    ReplyDelete